QED

java..python..eclipse..and whatever else interests me.

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

The Nose Knows

Titus has written a nice intro to nose with examples. I emphatically agree:

the most important part of having unit tests is that they can be run quickly, easily, and without any thought

Thus, I was suprised not to see something like Nosy, to automagically run tests when code changes. To me, running tests by hand requires thought, and a context switch. Nosy keeps me in the flow.

 Pinocchio is an extension to filter out long-running tests so tests may be run quickly. This leads me to believe his test suite was too big to run automatically.

(What is it about nose that inspires bad puns? This blog title, nosy, pinocchio...well, what do expect in a language named after comedy troupe :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home